Welcome to Zebra Class 2017 - 2018
Welcome to Zebra Class! We are a friendly Year 1 and Year 2 class who love to learn and explore together!
This half term our topic is "Oh we do like to be beside the seaside!"
This is a Geography based topic in which we will be learning about:
- The beaches in our area (Weston-Super-Mare, Brean, Burnham-on-Sea)
- Using maps and aerial photographs
- How seaside holidays are different now compared with the past
- How people travelled to the seaside in the past
- Stephenson's Rocket
- Mousehole (linking with our English book)
- Comparing Woolavington with a seaside village
- Seaside songs and poems
Our Maths learning focus...
We will be learning about:
- Telling the time to o'clock, half past and quarter to/past
- Telling the time to 5 minutes
- Solving problems involving time
- Measuring using temperature, weight and capacity
- Problem Solving
Here are some websites we are using in school to support our Maths learning
Our English learning focus…
In English we are using the story "The Mousehole Cat" to inspire our writing. We are going to learn the story, write character descriptions of Mowzer (the cat) and write stories based on "The Mousehole Cat." Towards the end of term we will link with our Topic work and compare Mousehole with Woolavington and write persuasive texts.
Thank you for reading our page!
Miss Yarwood, Miss Godwin, Mrs Long and Zebra Class