Our Behaviour Curriculum
At Woolavington Village Primary School we aim to make it easy for our pupils to behave by teaching explicitly the behaviours we expect. Effective behaviour management requires a shared understanding of expectations between pupils and staff, and a consistent approach by adults who are relentlessly bothered about establishing excellent behaviour.
At Woolavington School we aim to:
- Create a culture of exceptionally good behaviour and to eliminate disruptive behaviour in order to maximise time in class spent on teaching and learning.
- Embed our Golden Rules: be responsible, be respectful, be safe.
- Enable teachers to deliver excellent, engaging lessons, experiment and take risks, without concern for behavioural consequences.
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own choices and be responsible for the consequences of their actions.
- Ensure that all individuals at Woolavington are treated fairly and shown respect.
- Provide clarity for staff and students about acceptable behaviour and the consequences of misbehaviour.
- Provide a clear and comprehensive rationale for parents and carers, so that they support and reinforce the policy in and out of school.
- Ensure that excellent behaviour is the minimum expectation for all.