Meet the Governors
Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories and responsibilities for each Governor.
Our Chair of Governors is Emily Stocks.
Our Clerk to the Governors is Helen Roper
Governors are an important part of the strategic leadership of Woolavington Village Primary School. We work together and in partnership with the school staff, the wider school community, and colleagues in the Clevedon Learning Trust to secure the best possible outcomes for the children in our charge.
Within the framework of governance of the Clevedon Learning Trust, each member school has a Local Governing Board (LGB) with important responsibilities:
- Setting the vision, values and strategic direction of the school in consultation with the Head of School and senior leadership team.
- Establishing a culture of dialogue with pupils, their families, staff and the wider community
- Within an agreed set of priorities, supporting and challenging the school’s leadership and holding them to account for performance.
- Overseeing spending on agreed budgets and securing value for money
- Approving policies that are specific to the school
- Setting targets and monitoring the school’s levels of attainment, taking account of interventions to support particular needs and vulnerable learners
- Overseeing the effective implementation of safeguarding policies and procedures in all aspects of school life.
The Local Governing Board currently has seven members. There are two parent Governors, elected by parents, two staff Governors (one being the Head of School) and the rest are appointed for their skills and experience. The Board’s work is supported by a Clerk for administration and advice on the policies, procedures and responsibilities of governance.
Woolavington Village Primary School
Contact Telephone: 01278 683267
Contact Email: email@example.com