Local Governance Committee (LGC)
Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our LGC is structured, including the names, categories and responsibilities for each Governor.
Our Chair of Governors is Mandy Milsom.
Our Clerk to the Governors is Richard Rosslyn.
Governors are an important part of the strategic leadership of Woolavington Village Primary School. We work together and in partnership with the school staff, the wider school community, and colleagues in the Futura Learning Partnership to secure the best possible outcomes for the children in our charge.
Within the framework of governance of the Trust, each member school has a Local Governing Board (LGB) with important responsibilities:
- Setting the vision, values and strategic direction of the school in consultation with the Head of School and senior leadership team.
- Establishing a culture of dialogue with pupils, their families, staff and the wider community
- Within an agreed set of priorities, supporting and challenging the school’s leadership and holding them to account for performance.
- Overseeing spending on agreed budgets and securing value for money
- Approving policies that are specific to the school
- Setting targets and monitoring the school’s levels of attainment, taking account of interventions to support particular needs and vulnerable learners
- Overseeing the effective implementation of safeguarding policies and procedures in all aspects of school life.
The local Governing Board currently has seven members. There are two parent Governors, elected by parents, two staff Governors (one being the Headteacher) and the rest are appointed for their skills and experience. The Board’s work is supported by a Clerk for administration and advice on the policies, procedures and responsibilities of governance.
We currently have a vacancy for a Parent Governor. Please click on the links below for more information.
Woolavington Village Primary School
Contact Telephone: 01278 683267
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents 2023 - 2024
Documents 2022 - 2023
- Articles of association
- Annual report and financial statement
- Master funding agreement
- Scheme of delegation
- Terms of reference
Documents 2021 -2022
- 1 WVP 15th September 2021 Minutes
- 2 WVP 13th October 2021 Minutes
- 3 WVP 8th December 2021 Minutes
- 4 WVP 9th February 2022 Minutes
- 5 WVP 30th March 2022 Minutes
- 6 WVP 11th May 2022 Minutes
- 7 WVP 14th July 2022 Minutes
- Christmas Letter from the Local Governing Body 2021
- Easter 2022 Letter to Parents from the WVP LGB
- Letter to Parents From The Chair of Governors 20 07 22
- Local Governing Body Parent Questionnaire School Community Feedback January 2022
- Welcome and Meet the Governors Letter September 2021
- WVP June Budget Minutes
- WVPS Governors Annual Statement 20 21
Documents 2020 - 2021
- 12th May 2021 Minutes WVP
- 15th July 2020 Minutes WVP
- 15th June 2021 Minutes WVP
- 16th December 2020 Minutes WVP
- 16th September 2020 Minutes WVP
- 17th March 2021 Minutes WVP
- 18th November 2020 Minutes WVP
- 21st October 2020 Minutes WVP
- 3rd February 2021 Minutes WVP
- Easter 2021 Letter to Parents from the WVP LGB
- End of Year Letter from LGB
- End of Year Letter from the LGB July 2021
- Local Governing Body Christmas Letter 2020
- Local Governing Body Parent Questionnaire School Community Feedback January 2021
- Welcome and Meet the Governors letter September 2020
Documents 2019 - 2020